Friday, January 7, 2011

T-shirt pop culture and World Expositions

I was doing some shopping the other day for a pop-art t-shirt to wear to my nephew's 16th Birthday Party - and of course I have to wear something 'cool'.

And in the midst of several more popular (these day) offerings such as American baseball teams, and Hawaiian beach t-shirts, I found one of a several-hundred foot high bikini-clad sunglass wearing blonde bombshell straddled next to a high way and picking up a car in her hands, saying "Wow!", with an image of the 1893 Chicago Columbian Exposition Ferris Wheel in the background.

For a pop-art image with a World Expo icon, this shirt is a real find!

Expect to see a photo of me wearing it at this space soon!

For a tease, I did a search on Google for Chicago 1893 Exposition, and got this image, which, as you'll soon find out, appears to be the image (or close to it) which was used for the T-shirt!

Image from http://bss.sfsu.edu/cherny/cultlexp/expo.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment