Thursday, January 20, 2011

From the Vault! Response to John's letter re: working at the Australia Pavilion Seville Expo 92

Whilst doing some house cleaning I came across this letter which I had kept from 1991!

It dates from when I was studying Spanish in Seville and I wrote to the Australian Government taskforce responsible for the Australia Pavilion at Expo 92 with regards to employment there.

Here is the beautifully written response from Mr Geoff Brown. It goes into detail the nature of the engagement with Seville, how many would be employed in the Pavilion, both Australian-based staff and locally-engaged staff, and also features the wonderful Australia at Seville Expo 92 logo, which later became the logo for the Australian Government Department of Tourism (the body then responsible for Australia's engagement with World Expositions).

Although I eventually ended up working for the Seville Expo Authority, this letter was a nice part of my journey towards eventually working at the Expo.

No comments:

Post a Comment